Trinity Methodist Church Methodism came to Derby in 1767 and to Crich in 1766 where Duffield’s first Methodist, Thomas Slater, was converted at the age of 20. The first Duffield Methodists met in a cottages, hay lofts and in the open air. The first Methodist chapel building was completed in 1777 in King Street, the premises now used by the Freemasons. Minister Rev. Stuart G. Radford Tel: 01773 822484 Property bookings, Mr. K. J. Cheesley, Tel: 01332-841770. Web site. Click here
St. Margaret’s Catholic Church. The dual purpose building was built in 1981. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret Clitherow, a Yorkshire housewife and mother who was martyred in York in 1586 for sheltering a Catholic priest and allowing her home in The Shambles, York, to be used for Catholic services. The building was extended in 2007.
Duffield Emmanuel Community Church. The people who form the Emmanuel Community Church are committed Christians whose desire is to live out the Christian faith in practice, obeying God whatever the cost, both in this country and abroad
St. Alkmunds Parish Church. The Duffield church is delicated to St. Alkmund, an exiled Prince of Northumbria who was murdered in 800 A.D. in Mercia at Northworthy ( renamed Derby after a Danish Viking occupation in 877 A.D.) by bodyguards sent by the usurping King Earduff of Northumbria. The first known record of the church is in the Doomsday survey of 1086, which referred to a church and resident priest. Check out their excellent web site >> Rev. Mark Pickles Tel: 01332 841168